Find these settings:
• In the Wi-Fi tab of the DS Manager's Settings dialog ;
• On the Wi-Fi Settings page of the web interface .
The following settings are available:
• Wi-Fi Mode :
oDisabled — the Wi-Fi port is permanently shut down.
oEnabled (on demand) — the Wi-Fi port activates and connects to an access point as soon as the Ethernet cable is unplugged; Wi-Fi port is shut down as soon as live Ethernet cable is detected again.
oEnabled (permanently) — the Wi-Fi port is always active and attempts to stay associated with an access point at all times. Communicating through the Wi-Fi port still becomes possible only when the Ethernet port is unplugged. Wi-Fi communications are terminated as soon as live Ethernet cable is detected again. Compared to Enabled (on demand) , this option allows for a swifter Ethernet-to-Wi-Fi switchover because it has the Wi-Fi interface ready and associated with an access point even before the switchover becomes necessary.
• Access Point Name .
• Security : Disabled , WEP64 , WEP128 , WPA-PSK , or WPA2-PSK .
• Password : This is the password for the access point.
• DHCP :(for the Wi-Fi port): Enables/Disables IP address configuration using DHCP.
Note: automatic IP configuration is not suitable for your system if the Wi-Fi port of your Modbus Gateway will be receiving requests from Modbus TCP Masters. In this case, you will need to assign your Gateway's Wi-Fi port a fixed static IP.
• IP Address (of the Wi-Fi port):
o With the DHCP enabled , shows the current IP address assigned to the Wi-Fi port of your device.
o When the DHCP is disabled , allows you to set the desired static IP address assigned to the Wi-Fi port of your device.
• Gateway IP address (of the Wi-Fi port).
• Subnet Mask (of the Wi-Fi port).