Cold Ethernet Upgrades Using Device Explorer
TPS-based Tibbo Modbus Gateways allow you to perform cold upgrades through the Ethernet using the Device Explorer . Warm Ethernet upgrades using this utility has already been explained in the previous section.
Cold upgrades require several additional steps:
• Download the Modbus Gateway app file (firmware file) to your PC.
• Power off your bricked TPS-based Modbus Gateway.
• Press and hold the Setup ( "MD") button (the button is on the right side of your TPS device ).
• Without releasing the button, power up your Gateway. The Gateway will now enter the Loader mode.
• Make sure your Modbus Gateway is connected to the same LAN segment as your Windows PC and that the Ethernet cable plugged into the Gateway is live (the yellow Ethernet Link LED is on).
• Run the Device Explorer . You should see your device in the list of discovered programmable Tibbo devices. The Version field for this device should say TiOS-32 Loader (Vx.xx) . If necessary, click Refresh to rescan the network.
• Click on this device in the list, then click Upload... and select Load Firmware Through the Network .
• Browse to the app file and click Open . The upgrade process should start. If the Device Explorer shows a warning telling you that you are attempting to upload an incompatible file, disregard this warning and proceed.