Cold Serial Port Upgrades Using DS Manager
Cold upgrades of DS1101 and DS1102-based Modbus Gateways are performed using the serial mode of the DS Manager utility.
To perform a cold upgrade, you will need the following:
• A PC with a serial (COM) port, or a USB-to-serial converter (cable).
• A DB9F-to-DB9F serial cable, such as Tibbo's WAS-1455 cable. You can purchase this cable here: http://tibbo.com/store/accessories.html .
• Download the Modbus Gateway app file (firmware file) to your PC.
• Connect the serial port of your DS1101 or DS1102 to your PC's COM port or to a USB-to-serial converter cable plugged into the PC.
• Start the DS Manager in the Administrator mode . To do this:
o Click the Windows Start button ;
o Browse to and right-click on Tibbo DS Manager ;
o Choose Run as Administrator from the drop-down menu.
• In the DS Manager , switch to the Serial Access tab .
• Click on the serial port you will be using (for example, COM1 ).
• Click Upgrade .
• Browse to the app file and click OK . The DS Manager will start waiting for your DS1101/1102 to become ready.
• Power off your bricked DS1101/1102.
• Press and hold the Setup ("MD") button (the button is to the left of the Ethernet port ).
• Without releasing the button, power up your DS1101/1102. The upgrade process will start.