Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Updates
Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) updates are a form of over-the-air (OTA) updates.
The EM510, EM2000, EM2001, TPP2(G2), and TPP3(G2), when equipped with a WA2000 wireless add-on module and loaded with Monitor/Loader (M/L) V3 or later, support BLE updates. If the M/L of your device is too old to support BLE updates, you can update it by running the Monitor/Loader Upgrader app.
To perform a BLE update:
- You must have the file you will be sending into your device. BLE upgrades use Tibbo Composite Uncompressed (.TCU) firmware files.
- All TiOS firmware and related files are published here: https://tibbo.com/support/downloads/tios.html.
- You can also produce .TCU files using our online tool found at https://apps.tibbo.com/tc_generator/.
- You will have to:
- Install the Tibbo Updater app (available for iOS and Android) on your compatible device.
- Alternatively, you can use the BLE Firmware Updater web app on a Windows PC that has a Bluetooth interface and a compatible web browser (Chrome, Chromium, Opera, or Edge).
- You will need to be able to push the MD button on your Tibbo device (or pull its MD line LOW).
- Optional: you will benefit from observing the patterns "played" by the status LEDs of your Tibbo device.
For step-by-step instructions, see: