The net object represents the Ethernet interface of your device. This object only specifies various parameters related to the Ethernet interface and is not responsible for sending/transmitting network data. The latter is the job of the sock object.
Here is what you can do with the net object:
- Check if the Network Interface Controller (NIC) IC is functioning properly.
- Check your device's Ethernet MAC address.
- Set the IP-address of the Ethernet Interface.
- Set default gateway IP and the netmask.
- Be notified when the Ethernet cable is plugged or unplugged and check current link status.
- Be notified when data overflow occurs in the NIC.