The WA2000 is an upgrade to Tibbo's GA1000 Wi-Fi add-on module. Notable improvements include:
- Support for the 5GHz Wi-Fi band (802.11a and 801.11n standards).
- Support for BLE4.2 communications.
- WPA key calculation completely on the module, complex calculations in Tibbo BASIC/C are no longer necessary.
- Firmware stored in the module's flash memory, thus eliminating the need to send the firmware file into the module on every boot.
- The firmware can be upgraded from a Tibbo BASIC/C app or over-the-air (OTA), from Tibbo Updater iOS and Android apps.
- Wide operating temperature range: -40 ~ +85C.
The WA2000 is fully supported on Tibbo's ARM-based programmable devices: EM2000, EM2001, TPP2(G2), TPP3(G2).
The WA2000 is also partially supported on T1000-based programmable Tibbo products. Such devices can only access the Wi-Fi interface of the WA2000, as the BLE interface is not supported by related platforms. The devices are: DS1101, DS1102, EM1000, EM1001, EM1206, TPP2, TPP3.
Like the GA1000, the WA2000 utilizes an SPI interface and only requires five GPIOs to control. The module is supplied in two versions: the WA2000U with an U.FL connector for attaching an external antenna, and WA2000C device with a chip antenna onboard.
Please note that the WA2000 is a slave device and cannot be used on its own. This add-on will only work with one of Tibbo devices listed above.
- BLE is only supported on ARM-based Tibbo devices.
- Over-the-air (OTA) updates rely on the BLE interface and are only possible on ARM-based Tibbo devices.
- Requires a programmable Tibbo device running a Tibbo BASIC/C app supporting L.U.I.S. (through the use of the L.U.I.S. library).
- "Connection" means a BLE link or a Wi-Fi association with an access point.