The WA2000 is an upgrade to Tibbo's GA1000 Wi-Fi add-on module. Notable improvements include:
• Support for the 5GHz Wi-Fi band (802.11a and 801.11n standards).
• Support for BLE4.2 communications.
• WPA key calculation completely on the module, complex calculations in Tibbo BASIC/C are no longer necessary.
• Firmware stored in the module's flash memory, thus eliminating the need to send the firmware file into the module on every boot.
• The firmware can be upgraded from a Tibbo BASIC/C app or over-the-air (OTA), from Tibbo Updater iOS and Android apps.
• Wide operating temperature range: -40 ~ +85C.
The WA2000 is fully supported on Tibbo's ARM-based programmable devices: EM2000 , EM2001 , TPP2(G2) , TPP3(G2) .
The WA2000 is also partially supported on T1000-based programmable Tibbo products. Such devices can only access the Wi-Fi interface of the WA2000, as the BLE interface is not supported by related platforms. The devices are: DS1101 , DS1102 , EM1000 , EM1001 , EM1206 , TPP2 , TPP3 .
Like the GA1000, the WA2000 utilizes an SPI interface and only requires five GPIOs to control. The module is supplied in two versions: the WA2000U with an U.FL connector for attaching an external antenna, and WA2000C device with a chip antenna onboard.
Please note that the WA2000 is a slave device and cannot be used on its own. This add-on will only work with one of Tibbo devices listed above.
• Supports the following wireless communications standards:
o 2.4/5.0GHz Wi-Fi (802.11abgn);
o Bluetooth Low-Energy (BLE4.2) (1) .
• Nearly 100% backward-compatible with the original GA1000 device.
• Performs WPA key calculation completely internally.
• Requires only five GPIO lines to control.
• Internal firmware of the WA2000:
o Stored in the WA2000's onboard flash memory.
oUpgradeable from a Tibbo BASIC/C app or over-the-air (OTA) (2) ;
o OTA updates may cover TiOS+Tibbo BASIC/C app of the host (2) ;
o Tibbo supplies iOS/Android apps for performing OTA updates.
• L.U.I.S. app for iOS and Android facilitates convenient HTML5-based configuration of host devices through the BLE interface (3) .
• Two antenna configurations:
o WA2000U -- has a U.FL connector for an external antenna;
o WA2000C -- carries a chip antenna onboard.
•Red status LED for connection indication (4) .
• Power: 200mA @ 3.3V (active state with data transmission).
• Dimensions (LxWxH): 42.0 x 20.0 x 5.8mm.
• Prototyping-friendly 2.54mm (100mil) pin pitch.
• Operating temperature range: -40 ~ +85C.
• FCC-certified, FCC ID: XOJ-WA2000.
•CE certification pending.
(1) BLE is only supported on ARM-based Tibbo devices.
(2) Over-the-air (OTA) updates rely on the BLE interface and are only possible on ARM-based Tibbo devices.
(3) Requires a programmable Tibbo device running a Tibbo BASIC/C app supporting L.U.I.S. (through the use of the L.U.I.S. library).
(4) "Connection" means a BLE link or a Wi-Fi association with an access point.