The GA1000 Wi-Fi add-on module further expands the scope of potential applications for Tibbo BASIC/C-programmable modules by adding 802.11b/g communications capability to the already powerful hardware mix. The GA1000 can be used with these Tibbo devices: DS1101, DS1102, EM500, EM1000, EM1001, EM1206, EM2000, EM2001, TPP2, TPP2(G2), TPP3, TPP3(G2), LTPP3.
The module utilizes an SPI interface and only requires five GPIOs to control. This can be reduced to four if two NAND gates are used to generate reset signal. On the EM500, the number is even down to three lines! For more information, see Connecting GA1000 to Tibbo Devices.
The GA1000 is fully supported by TIDE software (see TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC, and Tibbo C Manual, wln. object). For convenient testing and evaluation Tibbo offers EM1206EV, EM1000TEV and EM1000EV development systems.
Please note that the GA1000 is a slave device and cannot be used on its own. This add-on will only work with one of Tibbo devices listed above.
- Implements 802.11b/g Wi-Fi standard.
- Requires only 3-5 GPIO lines to control.
- Chip antenna onboard, coaxial connector for external antenna.
- Red status LED for scan/link indication.
- Power: 280mA @ 3.3V (active state).
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 42.0 x 19.0 x 6.7mm.
- Prototyping-friendly 2.54mm (100mil) pin pitch.
- Operating temperature range: -20 ~ +70C.
- CE- and FCC-certified.
- FCC ID: XOJGA1000.