EM500 "MiniMo" BASIC/C-programmable Ethernet Module
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS
The EM500 "MiniMo"* device is a miniature stand-alone BASIC-programmable embedded module, designed to be used in combination with a standard LED/magnetics RJ45 jack. The combined footprint of the EM500 and a standard jack is only 28.5x18.5mm.
The module's hardware mix, which includes 10/100BaseT Ethernet port, a serial port, and 8 I/O lines, has been carefully tailored to address the basic needs of lightweight network-enabled control devices. If your application has a need to store data in files, an external flash IC can be connected to the EM500. The EM500 also supports Wi-Fi communications (using the GA1000 add-on board).
Compact dimensions, innovative "vertical slice" mechanical design, low power consumption, and patented dual-function LED control lines make the module an excellent fit for miniature, cost-sensitive designs.
The EM500 is fully supported by TIDE software and a dedicated EM500 platform that covers all hardware facilities of the module (see TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC, and Tibbo C Manual). For convenient testing and evaluation Tibbo offers the EM500EV development system.
The EM500 can be ordered standalone or in combination with an industry-standard RJ45 jack and/or other discrete components required to complete a working circuit.
- Powered by Tibbo OS (TiOS).
10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port (no magnetics).
One serial port (CMOS-level):
- Baudrates of up to 460'800bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- Full-duplex mode with optional flow control;
- Half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Encoding and decoding of Wiegand and clock/data streams.
8 general-purpose I/O lines; 2 lines can work as interrupts.
17.5KB SRAM for Tibbo BASIC/C variables and data.
512KB flash memory for TiOS and application code.
Optional 1MB flash disk (requires an external SPI flash IC).
208-byte EEPROM for data storage.
Three control lines for status LEDs:
- Control lines for two external dual-function status LEDs.
- A separate control line for the Ethernet link LED.
Reliable power-on/ brown-out reset circuit*.
"Vertical slice" form factor.
Dimensions (HxWxT): 16 x 18.5 x 6.5mm.
Operating temperature range: -40 ~ +70C.
- Firmware and compiled Tibbo BASIC/C app can be updated through the serial port or Ethernet LAN.
- Tibbo BASIC/C application can be debugged through the Ethernet LAN (no additional debugging hardware is required).
- CE- and FCC-certified.
* Added in revision -01 of the module.
- Variable Types: Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
- Function Groups: string functions (27 in total!), date/time conversion functions (8), encryption/hash calculation functions (RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
- Platform objects:
- sock — socket communications (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions);
- net — controls the Ethernet port;
- wln — handles the Wi-Fi interface (requires GA1000 add-on module);
- ser — in charge of serial ports (UART, Wiegand, and clock/data modes);
- io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts;
- fd** — manages flash memory file system and direct sector access;
- stor — provides access to the EEPROM;
- romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data);
- pppoe — provides access to the Internet over an ADSL modem;
- ppp — provides access to the Internet over a serial modem (GPRS, POTS, etc.);
- pat — "plays" patterns on up to five LED pairs;
- button — monitors MD line (setup button);
- sys — in charge of general device functionality;
* MiniMo is a registered trademark of Tibbo Technology.
** Fully supported with the exception of fd.copyfirmware; requires an externally connected flash IC.