The EM200 is a BASIC-programmable embedded module that can serve as a networking coprocessor of your "connected" device. The firmware of the EM200, called TiOS, features a virtual machine that executes your application written in Tibbo BASIC/C. The EM200 has no pre-defined functionality whatsoever — programmability in Tibbo BASIC/C means that you can create your own unique EM200 applications!
Each hardware faculty of the EM200 is supported by a sophisticated programming "object" which you interact with from the Tibbo BASIC/C application. Together, objects form a "platform" that defines EM200 capabilities from the programming point of view.
The EM200 platform, along with the Tibbo BASIC/C language and TIDE software is described in the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC, and Tibbo C Manual.
- Very compact dimensions (32.1 x 18.5 x 7.3 mm).
- One 100/10BaseT Ethernet port. Standard Ethernet magnetics are NOT integrated into the module.
- One serial ports (CMOS-level):
- The port can work in the UART, Wiegand, or clock/data mode. Support of Wiegand and clock/data interfaces is a unique feature of Tibbo devices.
- UART supports:
- baudrates of up to 115'200bps;
- none/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- full-duplex mode with optional flow control, half-duplex mode with automatic direction control.
- 128KBytes of flash memory. First 64KB are used to store device firmware (TiOS). The rest is available to your Tibbo BASIC/C application.
- 2KBytes of EEPROM memory.
9 general-purpose I/O lines.
The following lines are additionally available:
- 2 lines for green and red status LED control;
- 2 lines for Ethernet status LED control;
- 1 line to connect the "system" button.
- External reset input.
Device firmware can be upgraded through the serial port or Ethernet.
Tibbo BASIC/C application can be uploaded and debugged through the Ethernet.
- The following data types and related functions are supported:
- Byte and char (occupy 1 byte);
- Integer (word) and short (occupy 2 bytes);
- String, can be up to 255 characters long;
- The following function groups are supported:
- Conversion to and from strings: asc, chr, val, str, left, mid, right, len, instr, etc. (16 function in total);
- The following objects form the EM200 platform:
- Sockets (sock.) object — supports up to 16 simultaneous UDP or TCP connections, or HTTP sessions;
- Ethernet (net.) object — controls Ethernet interface;
- Serial (ser.) object — supports UART, Wiegand, and clock/data modes;
- Input/output (io.) object — handles I/O lines;
- EEPROM (stor.) object — facilitates access to the EEPROM memory;
- ROM data (romfile.) object — provides access to the fixed ("ROM") data of your Tibbo BASIC/C application;
- LED pattern (pat.) object — "plays" patterns on Green and Red Status LEDs;
- System button (btn.) object — handles special system (MD) button;
- System (sys.) object — controls general device functionality.