The EM1206EV Evaluation Board offers a convenient way to test the EM1206 BASIC/C-programmable Ethernet module.
The board features the following components:
- The EM1206 and RJ203 modules (assembled together and soldered into the EM1206EV board).
- Connector for a wireless add-on module, such as the WA2000 Wi-Fi device (purchased separately).
- Power jack and a switching power regulator.
- Multi-channel RS232 port with three RS232 outputs and four RS232 inputs.
- Expansion connector with GND, 3.3V (Vcc), 12V (Vin), and 8 TTL I/O lines.
- Eight yellow LEDs to indicate the status of I/O lines (see RS232 port and Expansion Connector topic).
- Four jumpers to select between RS232 port and expansion connector (see RS232 port and Expansion Connector topic).
- Two buttons: setup (connected to the MD line of the EM1206), and reset (connected to the RST line).
- Green and red status LEDs (connected to SG and SR lines of the EM1206). Further information on status LEDs can be found in Status LEDs.
- Buzzer (connected to the CO line of the EM1206).
- Supercapacitor (backup power source) for the RTC of the EM1206.
Board structure is further illustrated by this block diagram: