EM1206 BASIC/C-programmable Ethernet Module
EM1206 in combination with the RJ203
The EM1206 is a miniature BASIC-programmable embedded module. This device is a member of the x20x family of embedded modules and takes full advantage of unique mechanical concept of x20x devices. The module can be used with any suitable jack and magnetics, or with our patent-pending RJ203 jack/magnetics module. The combined PCB footprint of the EM1206 and RJ203 is only 34.5x19mm.
The module's hardware mix, which includes 100Base/T Ethernet, four serial ports, flash disk, EEPROM, and RTC, has been carefully tailored to address the typical needs of network-enabled control applications. This makes the EM1206 especially suitable for "connected" edge products such as sensors, network-enabled card readers, actuators, and other lightweight devices.
The EM1206 is fully supported by TIDE software and a dedicated EM1206 platform that covers all hardware facilities of the module (see TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC, and Tibbo C Manual). For convenient testing and evaluation Tibbo offers the EM1206EV evaluation board. The EM1206 can also support Wi-Fi communications (this requires WA2000 add-on module), as well as external LCD, keypad, and buzzer.
Powered by Tibbo OS (TiOS).
10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port (automatic detection of "straight" and "cross" cables). Standard Ethernet magnetics are NOT integrated into the module:
- Connect any suitable external jack and magnetics; or
- Combine the EM1206 with the RJ203 jack/magnetics front end to achieve minimal PCB footprint.
Can control a GPRS modem* (such as the SIM900).
Four high-speed serial ports (CMOS-level):
- Baudrates of up to 921,600bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character;
- Full-duplex mode with RTS/CTS and XON/XOFF flow control;
- Half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Encoding and decoding of Wiegand and clock/data streams.
17 general-purpose I/O lines; 8 lines can work as interrupts.
Square wave output (can be used for buzzer* control).
4 synchronous serial ports with SPI and I2C modes.
Supports LCD and OLED panels*.
Supports matrix and binary output keypads*.
RTC with dedicated backup power input.
22KB SRAM for Tibbo BASIC/C variables and data.
1MB flash memory for TiOS, application code, and file system.
2048-byte EEPROM for data storage.
Four status LEDs onboard:
- Green and red main status LEDs;
- Yellow Ethernet link LED;
- Green 100Mb LED.
Two control lines for attaching external green and red main status LEDs.
Software- and hardware-controlled PLL for selecting high or low speed.
Reliable power-on/ brown-out reset circuit.
Power: 230mA @ 3.3V (100Base-T mode, full speed).
Dimensions with RJ203 (LxWxH): 34.4 x 20.0 x 15.5mm.
Operating temperature range: -40 ~ +70 C.
Firmware and compiled Tibbo BASIC/C app can be updated through the serial port or Ethernet LAN.
Tibbo BASIC/C application can be debugged through the Ethernet LAN (no additional debugging hardware is required).
CE- and FCC-certified.
* Must be connected externally.
beep — generates buzzer patterns.
- button — monitors the MD (setup) line.
- fd — manages the flash memory file system and direct sector access.
- io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts.
- kp — works with matrix and binary keypads.
- lcd — controls graphical display panels.
- net — controls the Ethernet port.
- pat — "plays" patterns on up to five LED pairs.
- ppp — accesses the Internet over a serial modem (GPRS, etc.).
- pppoe — accesses the Internet over an ADSL modem.
- romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data).
- rtc — keeps track of date and time.
- ser — controls serial ports (UART, Wiegand, clock/data modes).
- sock — socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions).
- ssi — controls serial synchronous interface channels (SPI, I2C...).
- stor — provides access to the EEPROM.
- sys — in charge of general device functionality.
- wln — handles the Wi-Fi interface.
Variable Types: Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
Function Groups: 27 string functions, 8 date/time conversion functions, encryption/hash calculation functions (RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.