EM1202 BASIC/C-programmable Ethernet Module
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS
While occupying miniscule 19x17mm on your PCB, the EM1202 BASIC-programmable embedded module retains most features of the much larger EM1000 device. These include 100Base/T Ethernet, four serial ports, onboard flash, EEPROM, and 24 I/O lines that can be used to interface with external LCD, keypad, buzzer, and card readers.
Thanks to its miniature dimensions, the EM1202 can be conveniently used as a network front-end in automation, security, and data collection systems.
The EM1202 is fully supported by TIDE software and a dedicated EM1202 platform that covers all hardware facilities of the module (see TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC, and Tibbo C Manual). For convenient testing and evaluation Tibbo offers EM1202EV evaluation board. The EM1202 can also support Wi-Fi communications (this requires GA1000 add-on board).
- Powered by Tibbo OS (TiOS).
- 10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port (automatic detection of "straight" and "cross" cables). Standard Ethernet magnetics are NOT integrated into the module.
- Optional Wi-Fi interface (requires GA1000 add-on module to be connected).
- Four high-speed serial ports (CMOS-level):
- Baudrates of up to 921,600bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- Full-duplex mode with optional flow control;
- Half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Encoding and decoding of Wiegand and clock/data streams.
512K or 1024KB flash memory for firmware, application, and data storage.
2KB EEPROM for data storage.
Up to 32 general-purpose I/O lines. Among them:
- 8 interrupt lines;
- Serial port lines;
- 24 lines that are combined into three 8-bit ports;
- Square wave output (6Hz - 22'1184MHz), which can be used to control an external buzzer.
Supports external LCD and keypad.
Four control lines for status LEDs:
- 2 lines for green and red status LED control;
- 2 lines for Ethernet status LED control.
Software- controlled onboard PLL to select the clock frequency of the device: 11.0592MHz with PLL off, 88.4736MHz with PLL on.
Reliable power-on/ brown-out reset circuit; no additional external reset circuitry required. Master reset input also provided.
Power: 230mA @ 3.3V (100BaseT mode, PLL on).
- Firmware and compiled Tibbo BASIC/C app can be updated through the serial port or Ethernet LAN.
- Tibbo BASIC/C application can be debugged through the network and no additional debugging hardware, such as in-circuit emulator, is required.
- Variable Types: Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
- Function Groups: string functions (27 in total!), date/time conversion functions (8), encryption/hash calculation functions (AES128, RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
- Platform objects:
- sock — socket communications (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions);
- net — controls the Ethernet port;
- wln — handles the Wi-Fi interface (requires GA1000 add-on module);
- ssi — implements up to four serial synchronous interface (SSI) channels, supports SPI, I2C, clock/data, etc.;
- ser — in charge of serial ports (UART, Wiegand, and clock/data modes);
- io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts;
- lcd — controls graphical display panels (several types supported, LCD must be connected externally);
- kp — scans keypads of matrix and "binary" types (keypad must be connected externally);
- fd — manages flash memory file system and direct sector access;
- stor — provides access to the EEPROM;
- romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data);
- pppoe — provides access to the Internet over an ADSL modem;
- ppp — provides access to the Internet over a serial modem (GPRS, POTS, etc.);
- pat — "plays" patterns on up to five LED pairs (LEDs must be connected externally);
- beep — generates buzzer patterns (buzzer must be connected externally);
- button — monitors MD line;
- sys — in charge of general device functionality.