The DS1202 is a miniature BASIC-programmable controller designed primarily for serial-over-IP and serial control applications.
The DS1202 features a multi-channel serial port. The device has a single DB9M connector and is priced as a single-port product, yet it packs four independent serial channels. Have no use for those DSR and DTR lines? Turn them into RX and TX of an additional serial channel. Don't want CTS and RTS either? That's one more channel! In total, there are 15 different configurations to choose from.
The DS1202 is fully supported by TIDE software and a dedicated DS1202 platform that covers all hardware facilities of the device (see TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC, and Tibbo C Manual). This product ships preloaded with a fully functional serial-over-IP application. Written in Tibbo BASIC, the application is compatible with Tibbo Device Server Toolkit software, comes with full source codes, and can be modified by the user.
- Superior upgrade to the DS203 devices.
- Based on the EM1202 BASIC-programmable embedded module.
- 100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port (automatic detection of "straight" and "cross" cables).
- Up to 3.5 serial channels on a single RS232 connector:
- Baudrates of up to 921,600bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- Optional flow control;
- Flexible mapping with 15 different options, such as:
- A single channel: RX, TX, CTS, RTS, DSR, and DTR lines;
- 3.5 channels: RX, TX, RX2, TX2, RX3, TX3, and RX4 lines.
- 1024KB flash memory for firmware, application, and data storage.
- 2KB EEPROM for data storage.
- Six LEDs:
- Green and red status LEDs on top of the device;
- Green and red status LEDs on the RJ45 jack;
- Link and speed Ethernet status LEDs on the RJ45 jack.
- Software-controlled onboard PLL to select the clock frequency of the device: 11.0592MHz with PLL off, 88.4736MHz with PLL on.
- Supply voltage range: 10-24V (12V nominal).
- Dimensions: 60x47x30mm.
- Firmware and Tibbo BASIC/C application are upgradeable through the serial port or network.
- Tibbo BASIC/C application can be debugged through the network and no additional debugging hardware, such as in-circuit emulator, is required.
- Also available as a EM1202EV (board without housing).
- Variable Types: Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
- Function Groups: string functions (27 in total!), date/time conversion functions (8), encryption/hash calculation functions (AES128, RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
- Platform objects:
- sock — socket communications (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions);
- net — controls the Ethernet port;
- ser — in charge of serial channels;
- ssi — implements up to four serial synchronous interface (SSI) channels, supports SPI, I2C, clock/data, etc.;
- io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts;
- fd — manages flash memory file system and direct sector access;
- stor — provides access to the EEPROM;
- romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data);
- pppoe — provides access to the Internet over an ADSL modem;
- ppp — provides access to the Internet over a serial modem (GPRS, POTS, etc.);
- pat — "plays" patterns on green and red status LEDs;
- button — monitors the setup button;
- sys — in charge of general device functionality.