Setting Up and Testing Bus Probes
Perhaps the most convenient way of managing and testing Bus Probes is through the Bus Probe Test App and Bus Probe Firmware Updater web apps. These apps require Tibbo's Web485 board* and a Chromium-based web browser (Chrome, Chromium, Edge, Opera).
These apps allow you to:
- Scan for connected Bus Probes
- Set the Modbus IDs of Bus Probes
- Poll the Bus Probes for data and display it on the web page
- Update the internal firmware of Bus Probes
* The Web485 board works not only with PCs and Macs, but also Android smartphones.
Alternatively, you can use a TPS2(G2) system running one of our Bus Probe testing apps:
- BP-Tester-UI — allows you to test and manage the Probes. Offers an LCD- and keypad-based user interface. You can find this app and its description here: http://tibbo.com/programmable/applications/sensors/bp-tester-ui.html.
- BP-Tester-Web — offers the same functionality, but relies on a web interface for interacting with a user. You can find this app and its description here: http://tibbo.com/programmable/applications/sensors/bp-tester-web.html.