The net. object represents the Ethernet interface of your device. This object only specifies various parameters related to the Ethernet interface and is not responsible for sending/transmitting network data; that is the job of the sock. object.
Here is what you can do with the net. object:
- Check if the network interface controller (NIC) IC is functioning properly.
- Check your device's Ethernet MAC address.
- Set the IP address of the Ethernet Interface.
- Set the default gateway IP and the netmask.
- Be notified when the Ethernet cable is plugged or unplugged and check the current link status.
- Be notified when data overflow occurs in the NIC.