This is the Bluetooth (BT) object. At the moment, it only implements the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) peripheral role and only offers the UART-over-BLE service. In the future, we plan to extend the bt. object to support "classic" Bluetooth communications, enable it to function in the central device role, and implement additional services.
- The bt. object is designed to work with Tibbo's WA2000 Wi-Fi/BLE add-on module(1)(2)
- Supports BLE communications in the peripheral device role
- Implements Nordic and Microchip-style UART-over-BLE service (TI emulation is under development)
- Enables fully asynchronous data handling through the "data arrival" and "data sent" events
- Features adjustable receive (RX) and transmit (TX) buffers for optimal RAM utilization
- Detects RX buffer overflows
- The bt. object does not work with our original GA1000 Wi-Fi add-on.
- The WM2000 fully supports the bt. object and is even easier to use. For more information, see Updated Platform Objects.