|•||On the advice of one of our customers, we added write endurance warning messages and information for our stor. (EEPROM) and fd. (flash) objects.|
|▪||Updated Your First Project section: now it also explains how to run the test project on TiOS Simulator. |
|•||Updated the keypad (kp.) object's documentation. The documentation really fell behind and was missing many new features that were added to the kp. object over the years.|
|•||In connection with the introduction of 32-bit platforms like the EM2000W, the descriptions of these properties and methods were amended: ser.rxbuffrq, ser.txbuffrq, sock.rxbuffrq, sock.txbuffrq, sock.cmdbuffrq, sock.rplbuffrq, sock.varbuffrq, sock.tx2buffrq, ppp.buffrq, wln.buffrq, ser.rxbuffsize, ser.txbuffsize, ser.rxlen, ser.txlen, ser.txfree, ser.newtxlen, sock.rxbuffsize, sock.txbuffsize, sock.rxlen, sock.txlen, sock.txfree, sock.newtxlen, sock.cmdlen, sock.rpllen, sock.rplfree, sock.tx2len, ppp.buffsize, wln.buffsize, sys.totalbuffpages, sys.freebuffpages.|
|•||Documented a bug in sock.txlen implementation (it does include uncommitted data after all). TX and RX Buffer Memory Status has also been edited to reflect the actual behavior of the sock.txlen property. Sock.txlen behavior is different from ser.txlen, which only reports the amount of committed data. We decided not to harmonize sock.txlen and ser.txlen. There are applications that rely on the existing behavior, so it's better not to change anything.|
|•||Documented new Locals pane (available from TIDE V5.1).|
This is a major rewrite caused by the release of our C compiler, as well as a substantial rethinking of how this manual should be narrated. As of this release, the following sections have been created anew or rewritten:
The remaining part of the Manual, beginning with THE REFERENCE/Platforms and onwards hasn't been updated yet. The planned update will not be as dramatic as the one that completely redrew the sections listed above. It will mostly deal with the fact that there are now two languages — Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C.
|•||Documented preprocessor directive #message.|
|•||Documented TIDE Preferences for "Compiler".|
- It is now possible to use escape sequences (i.e. "\xA5") in default value strings — see Setting Descriptor File Format.
- Stg_restore_multiple() now has now have 4 operation modes.
- STG_REDUNDANCY now offers three choices.
- new STG_RAM_TYPE define added.
- new Callback_stg_vm_read and Callback_stg_vm_write topics.
|•||Documented changes in the .romfile object, which now supports files over 64KB.|
|•||Updated wln. object documentation (many small edits). Notable changes:|
- Removed "Known Limitations" from wln. object documentation — these limitations do not exist any more.
- Documented wln.activescan and expanded Scanning for Wi-Fi Networks.
- Expanded on WPA security (for example, see Setting WPA Mode and Keys).
|•||Added "Includepp Statement" topic.|
|•||Updated wln. object documentation:|
- Dropped "Migrating From the WA1000" and "Rebooting" topics.
- Added "Known Limitations", Setting Wi-Fi Security, Setting WPA Mode and Key, .Scanresultwpainfo R/O Property.
- Reedited the entire text.
|•||Changed Our Language Philosophy topic to reflect support for floating point variables.|
|•||Updated: Compiling a Final Binary, The Structure of a Project, "Creating, Opening, and Saving Projects", "Adding, Removing, and Saving Files", "Project Settings", "Device Explorer", Special Configuration Section of the EEPROM. |
|•||Corrected: .ip Property (of the net. object).|
|•||EM500 platform change: fd. and wln. objects are now supported.|
|•||Removed "EM202" platform documentation, it is no longer supported. We recommend using EM1206 or EM1206W instead.|
- Most specs for each platform now fit in a single topic;
- The folder with common information has been expanded and rewritten.
|•||Updated fd. object documentation:|
- Using Checksums, Fd.checksum — several major corrections, original text contained many factual errors!
- Documented transactions (new feature).
- Most topics were edited and updated.
|•||Updated TIDE topic "Adding, Removing and Saving Files" with new screenshots and "add existing files" option.|
|•||Corrected EM1206 PLL status on boot (PLL ON by default, no PE pin) under Platform-dependent Programming Information.|
|•||Corrected inter-pulse gaps in Wiegand mode for the .ser object (2mS instead of 20mS)|
|•||Documented EM500 platform.|
|•||Added Enum pl_io_port_num topic to each platform's description.|
|•||Added Device serial number section to the Platform-dependent Programming Information topic of each platform.|
|•||Changed the Serial Number topic — it now refers to the Device serial number section (see above).|
|•||Uncluttered platform documentation — made these topics "common":|
- Supported Variable Types (T1000-based Devices);
- Supported Functions (T1000-based Devices);
- LED Signals;
- Debug Communications;
- Project Settings Dialog.
|•||Documented new insert function.|
|•||Changes in the wln object manual:|
- Every topic was updated and edited;
- Added "Migrating From the WA1000" to address the changes in the wln object operation;
- "Configuring CS Line" renamed into Configuring Interface Lines;
- "Powering Down" renamed to "Rebooting";
- "Detecting Disassociation or Powerdown" renamed into Detecting Disassociation or Offline State;
- "Enabling Port" renamed into Applying Reset;
- New Creating Own Ad-hoc Network and Terminating Own Ad-hoc Network topics;
|•||Changes in the button object manual:|
- Expanded the main topic;
- Documented new button.pressed R/O property;
- Added information about "debouncing".
|•||Changes in the pat object manual:|
- Documented pat.greenmap and pat.redmap properties;
- Updated all other information in relation to the above.
|•||Changes in the fd object manual:|
- Updated fd.find method;
- Documented new fd.rename method.
- In connection with the above, renamed "Creating and Deleting Files" into Creating, Deleting, and Renaming Files, expanded topic content.
|•||Changes in the sock object manual:|
- Updated sock.close, sock.reset, and sock.discard topics — these methods are ignored when called from within an HTML page;
- Updated HTTP-related Buffers — an HTTP socket can now live without the RX buffer. Also, HTTP variables of any size can now be received;
- Reworked Working with HTTP Variables — this is now a section; explained and documented sock.gethttprqstring and on_sock_postdata;
- Added "Redirection and UDP" to the Redirecting Buffers topic;
- Documented URL substitution: new URL Substitution and sock.urlsubstitutes topics;
- Documented the data sinking feature: new Sinking Data and sock.sinkdata topics;
- Documented the timeout counter: expanded Closing Connections topic (see Connection Timeouts), added new sock.toutcounter topic.
|•||Changes in the ser object manual:|
- There is a new data sinking feature, so Sinking Data and sock.sinkdata topics were added;
- Corrected schematic diagram (C) in the Wiegand Mode topic.
|•||Updated "The Watch" topic — documented new capabilities such as true support for arrays, expressions ("x(y)"), etc.|
|•||Update "Project Settings" topic — documented new Customize button.|
|•||Updated EM202 platform — this platform is now used by "203" devices as well.|
|•||Deleted "What's New in R2" and "Migration From Version 1" topics.|
|•||Documented new EM1000W platform.|
|•||Documented new romfile.offset R/O property. In connection with this, updated the following topics: Supported Functions (Syscalls) (EM202/200 (-EV), DS202 platform), Romfile Object.|
|•||Corrected a mistake in the Main Parameters topic (net object). The topic incorrectly stated that the Tibbo BASIC/C application can't change the MAC address, which is, in fact, possible.|
|•||Correction: default value for the net.ip property is "126.96.36.199", not "127.0.0.1".|
|•||Correction: EM1202 platform does not support RTC (rtc.) object.|
|•||Improved "Supported Functions" and "Supported Objects" topics for all platforms.|
|•||Extended and renamed the "Project Browser" topic (formerly called "Using the Project Browser"). Also made new screenshot.|
|•||New screenshots in the "Code Auto-completion topic". Text edited slightly as well.|
|•||Updated the Tooltips topic, created "Supported HTML Tags" topic. New data concerns using HTML elements in tooltips.|
|•||Updated "The Watch" and "Scopes in Watch" topics — new screenshots; the text was also edited. |
|•||Extended the Constants topic — added a new section about escape sequences in string constants.|
|•||Added the EM1202 platform description section.|
|•||Corrected RTC Object topic: should be rtc.getdata and rtc.setdata, not rtc.get and rtc.set.|
|•||Minor corrections in the EM1000 platform description section.|
|•||Closing Connections topic contained references to sock.abort method, which does not exist. Correct method name is sock.reset.|
|•||Updated "Adding, Removing, and Saving Files" topic.|
|•||Added "Graphic File Properties Dialog" topic.|
|•||Significantly expanded "Embedding Code Within an HTML File" topic — especially important: all code fragments on the HTML page are parts of one procedure.|
|•||Added "What's new in R2" and "Migration From Version 1" topics.|
|•||Updated "The Watch" — described new functionality, provided more info on how watch works.|
|•||"Scopes in Watch topics" — provided more info on how watch works.|
|•||Updated Using the "Project Browser" — selected platform is now visible in the topmost tree node.|
|•||Updated Program Structure — explained that event handlers can also accept arguments.|
|•||New "Compile-time Calculations" topic.|
|•||Updated Arrays topic — new ways to declare, etc.|
|•||New "Declaring Variables" topic.|
|•||Updated Introduction to Procedures — explained that event handlers can also accept arguments and can never be functions procedures.|
|•||Updated "Dim Statement" topic — new data about ways to define array variables.|
|•||New "Type...End Type Statement" topic.|
|•||Updated "Passing Arguments to Procedures" topic (strict byref argument match is now required).|
|•||Updated "Goto Statement" — all labels are local!|
|•||New Supported Variable Types topics for each platform (EM202, EM1000).|
|•||Updated Platform-dependent Programming Information topics for each platform (EM202, EM1000).|
|•||EM202 platform no longer supports redirection — Enum pl_redir topic has been updated.|
|•||Updated Supported Functions (Syscalls) for EM202 and EM1000 platforms — some stuff in, some stuff out.|
|•||Updated Generating Dynamic HTML Pages topic — described changed behavior when the same code snippet has to be executed from two instances of the same HTML page being sent to the browser.|
|•||Updated Vali Function topic — this function is no longer available since val function now works both for word (unsigned) and short (signed) conversions.|
|•||Updated Val Function topic to reflect the fact that this function is now used both for word (unsigned) and short (signed) conversions.|
|•||Added "declaration" to the description of all events.|
|•||Updated certain screenshots in several topics.|
|•||Added Image Editor topics: "Built-in Image Editor", Image Menu, "Image Editor Toolbar", "Tool Properties Toolbars" (+ all subtopics).|
|•||Updated "Adding, Removing, and Saving Files" topic (added image editor-related info).|
|•||Added "Platform revision Programming Information" topics to EM202 and EM1000 platform documentation.|
|•||Stor object got new property- stor.base. Entire description of the object has been updated because of that.|
|•||Clarification has been added to the romfile object description. This object can only access first 65534 bytes of each file, even if the actual file is larger.|
|•||Entire new beep object has been added.|
|•||Corrected errors in the Enum pl_io_num (pin descriptions were wrong- RTS, CTS, DTR, and DSR lines were shown at incorrect positions).|
|•||Corrected mistakes related to date/time conversion functions- date function was erroneously documented as "day" function, weekday function description was missing altogether. Topics of other date/time related functions- year, month, daycount, hours, minutes, and mincount were slightly corrected.|
|•||Updated Project Menu with new entry description for Device Explorer|
|•||Updated Debug Toolbar with new button description for Device Explorer|
|•||Updated and expanded Device Explorer |
|•||Improved indexes — better context search.|
|•||Initial release of manual.|