Size 3 Tibbo Project PCB (TPP3)
|Top Previous Next|
Size 3 Tibbo Project PCB (TPP3) runs Tibbo OS and is programmable in Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C.
TPP3 is ideal for applications that require no human-machine interface (HMI) while calling for a significant number of I/O lines and/or functions.
The board can be used to replace dumb PLC controllers or work as a safety, security, or access control device. The TPB3 is also ideal for factory, lab, shop, building, hotel, and home automation projects.
Offering 7 tiles for a total of 14 "M" and 14 "C" sockets, the TPP3 can be used to construct devices with up to four full serial ports, up to 25 relays, or up to 47 opto-inputs, PWM, or open-collector outputs.
Further, the generous number of available Tibbit sockets means you can increase your system's versatility by offering multiple power supply options, such as +5V, +12V, PoE, etc. You can also install multiple power supply Tibbits to increase total available power or provide power redundancy.
This product can be used as a bare board, or assembled into a size 3 Tibbo Project Box.
•Based on a high-performance purpose-built 88-MHz T1000 ASIC.
•10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port (automatic detection of "straight" and "cross" cables).
•7 tiles (6 x "M" + 6 x "C" sockets, 47 control lines):
- Four "M" sockets with UART capability:
> Baudrates of up to 921,600bps;
> None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
> 7/8 bits/character modes;
> Full-duplex mode with optional flow control;
> Half-duplex mode with direction control;
> Encoding and decoding of Wiegand and clock/data streams.
- Eight "M" sockets with interrupt capability;
- One "M" socket with PoE capability.
•Optional Wi-Fi interface (requires GA1000 add-on module).
•Optional GPRS interface (requires Tibbit #47).
•1024KB flash memory for firmware, application, and data storage.
•2KB EEPROM for data storage.
•RTC with dedicated backup supercapacitor.
- Green and Red main status LEDs;
- Yellow Ethernet link LED;
- Five blue LEDs (can be used for Wi-Fi signal strength indication or any other purpose).
•Software- and hardware-controlled onboard PLL to select the clock frequency of the device: 11.0592MHz with PLL off, 88.4736MHz with PLL on.
•Reliable power-on/ brown-out reset circuit.
•Power: 300mA @ 5V (100BaseT mode, PLL on, all LEDs off).
•Dimensions (LxW): 165x94mm.
•Operating temperature range: -40 ~ +70C.
•Firmware and Tibbo BASIC/C application are upgradeable through the serial port or network.
•Tibbo BASIC/C application can be debugged through the network and no additional debugging hardware, such as in-circuit emulator, is required.
•Variable Types: Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
•Function Groups: string functions (27 in total!), date/time conversion functions (8), encryption/hash calculation functions (AES128, RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
- Sock — socket communications (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions);
- Net — controls the Ethernet port;
- Wln — handles the Wi-Fi interface (requires GA1000 add-on module);
- Ssi — implements up to four serial synchronous interface (SSI) channels, supports SPI, I2C, clock/data, etc.;
- Ser — in charge of four serial ports (UART, Wiegand, and clock/data modes);
- Io — handles I/O lines, ports, and eight interrupts;
- Rtc — keeps track of date and time;
- Fd — manages flash memory file system and direct sector access;
- Stor — provides access to the EEPROM;
- Romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data);
- Pppoe — provides access to the Internet over an ADSL modem;
- Ppp — provides access to the Internet over a serial modem (GPRS, POTS, etc.);
- Pat — "plays" patterns on green and red status LEDs;
- Beep — generates buzzer patterns;
- Button — monitors the MD (setup) button;
- Sys — in charge of general device functionality.