EM500 "MiniMo" BASIC/C-programmable Ethernet Module
|Top Previous Next|
The EM500 "MiniMo"* device is a miniature stand-alone BASIC-programmable embedded module, designed to be used in combination with a standard LED/magnetics RJ45 jack. The combined footprint of the EM500 and a standard jack is only 28.5x18.5mm.
The module's hardware mix, which includes 10/100BaseT Ethernet port, a serial port, and 8 I/O lines, has been carefully tailored to address the basic needs of lightweight network-enabled control devices. If your application has a need to store data, an external flash IC can be connected to the EM500. The EM500 also supports Wi-Fi communications (using the GA1000 add-on board).
Compact dimensions, a space-saving "vertical slice" mechanical design, low power consumption, and innovative dual-function LED control lines make the module an excellent fit for miniature, cost-sensitive designs.
The EM500 is fully supported by TIDE software and a dedicated EM500 platform that covers all hardware facilities of the module (see "TIDE and Tibbo BASIC Manual"). For convenient testing and evaluation Tibbo offers the EM500EV development system.
The EM500 can be ordered standalone or in combination with an industry-standard RJ45 jack and/or other discrete components required to complete a working circuit.
•Powered by Tibbo OS (TiOS).
•10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port (no magnetics).
• One serial port (CMOS-level):
- Baudrates of up to 460'800bps;
- None/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- Full-duplex mode with optional flow control;
- Half-duplex mode with direction control;
- Encoding and decoding of Wiegand and clock/data streams.
•8 general-purpose I/O lines; 2 lines can work as interrupts.
•17.5KB SRAM for Tibbo BASIC/C variables and data.
•512KB flash memory for TiOS and application code.
•Optional 1MB flash disk (requires an external SPI flash IC).
•208-byte EEPROM for data storage.
•Three control lines for status LEDs:
- Control lines for two external dual-function status LEDs.
- A separate control line for the Ethernet link LED.
•Reliable power-on/ brown-out reset circuit*.
•"Vertical slice" form factor.
•Dimensions (HxWxT): 16 x 18.5 x 6.5mm.
•Operating temperature range: -40 ~ +70C.
•Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network (including "cold upgrade" firmware uploads through the network).
•Tibbo BASIC/C application can be debugged through the Ethernet LAN.
•CE- and FCC-certified.
* Added in revision -01 of the module.
•Variable Types: Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
•Function Groups: string functions (27 in total!), date/time conversion functions (8), encryption/hash calculation functions (RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
- Sock — socket communications (up to 16 UDP, TCP, and HTTP sessions);
- Net — controls the Ethernet port;
- Wln — handles the Wi-Fi interface (requires GA1000 add-on module);
- Ser — in charge of serial ports (UART, Wiegand, and clock/data modes);
- Io — handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts;
- Fd** — manages flash memory file system and direct sector access;
- Stor — provides access to the EEPROM;
- Romfile — facilitates access to resource files (fixed data);
- Pppoe — provides access to the Internet over an ADSL modem;
- Ppp — provides access to the Internet over a serial modem (GPRS, POTS, etc.);
- Pat — "plays" patterns on up to five LED pairs;
- Button — monitors MD line (setup button);
- Sys — in charge of general device functionality;
*MiniMo is a registered trademark of Tibbo Technology.
* Fully supported with the exception of fd.copyfirmware; requires an externally connected flash IC.