|Top Previous Next|
The EM200 is a BASIC-programmable embedded module that can serve as a networking coprocessor of your "connected" device. The firmware of the EM200, called TiOS, features a virtual machine that executes your application written in Tibbo BASIC. The EM200 has no pre-defined functionality whatsoever -- programmability in Tibbo BASIC means that you can create your own unique EM200 applications!
Each hardware faculty of the EM200 is supported by a sophisticated programming "object" which you interact with from the Tibbo BASIC application. Together, objects form a "platform" that defines EM200 capabilities from the programming point of view.
The EM200 platform, along with the Tibbo BASIC language and TIDE software is described in the "TIDE and Tibbo BASIC Manual".
•Very compact dimensions (32.1 x 18.5 x 7.3 mm).
•One 100/10BaseT Ethernet port. Standard Ethernet magnetics are NOT integrated into the module.
•One serial ports (CMOS-level):
- The port can work in the UART, Wiegand, or clock/data mode. Support of Wiegand and clock/data interfaces is a unique feature of Tibbo devices.
- UART supports:
- baudrates of up to 115'200bps;
- none/even/odd/mark/space parity modes;
- 7/8 bits/character modes;
- full-duplex mode with optional flow control, half-duplex mode with automatic direction control.
•128KBytes of flash memory. First 64KB are used to store device firmware (TiOS). The rest is available to your Tibbo BASIC application.
•2KBytes of EEPROM memory.
•9 general-purpose I/O lines.
•The following lines are additionally available:
- 2 lines for green and red status LED control;
- 2 lines for Ethernet status LED control;
- 1 line to connect the "system" button.
- External reset input.
•Device firmware can be upgraded through the serial port or Ethernet.
•Tibbo BASIC application can be uploaded and debugged through the Ethernet.
•The following data types and related functions are supported:
- Byte and char (occupy 1 byte);
- Integer (word) and short (occupy 2 bytes);
- String, can be up to 255 characters long;
•The following function groups are supported:
- Conversion to and from strings: asc, chr, val, str, left, mid, right, len, instr, etc. (16 function in total);
•The following objects form the EM200 platform:
- Sockets (sock.) object -- supports up to 16 simultaneous UDP or TCP connections, or HTTP sessions;
- Ethernet (net.) object -- controls Ethernet interface;
- Serial (ser.) object -- supports UART, Wiegand, and clock/data modes;
- Input/output (io.) object -- handles I/O lines;
- EEPROM (stor.) object -- facilitates access to the EEPROM memory;
- ROM data (romfile.) object -- provides access to the fixed ("ROM") data of your Tibbo BASIC application;
- LED pattern (pat.) object -- "plays" patterns on Green and Red Status LEDs;
- System button (btn.) object -- handles special system (MD) button;
- System (sys.) object -- controls general device functionality.